Visiting Research Students

While the Faculty is temporarily located in new offices to facilitate the ‘Transforming Bentham House’ project, we may not be able to accommodate visiting research students until the beginning of 2018. Please contact if you are considering making an application.

We welcome applications from research students registered at other universities who would like to spend 3-12 months at UCL to undertake research. Our academics can give you informal guidance or supervision during your time here, and as a visiting research student you can also take advantage of all facilities and resources available to UCL students.

To undertake doctoral level research under the supervision of a UCL academic, you can take part in an established programme such as Erasmus or come independently. Before you submit an application, you must first ensure that there is an academic who works in your field and is willing to supervise your research. To explore this, please see our academic staff page and research centres and groups page. Before making a formal application, please email the academic to enquire whether they are prepared to support you as a visiting research student. You should specify which academic you wish to supervise you when you make the application.

Please see the admissions website page on applying as an independent visiting research student, which gives more information on making a formal application.