LLM (Master of Laws) Programme
Bentham House Redevelopment
Students joining from the 2017/18 academic year will experience studying in a cutting-edge teaching and learning environment following a £21.6 million two-year redevelopment of Bentham House.
The redevelopment of the Grade II listed building and its neighbouring Gideon Schreier Wing will create more and better quality space for teaching, research and professional services, as well as improved common and social areas for the staff and students of the Faculty of Laws.
The project encompasses a major refurbishment and extension of the two existing buildings that form the Faculty’s home and creating 3,500 square metres of new space which includes:
- A large reception area, linking directly to a bright and spacious featured full height atrium, central café and social hub, directly adjoining teaching and event spaces.
- Cutting edge teaching spaces – relocated and reconfigured to create a flexible suite of different sized teaching rooms for a range of teaching styles including brand new, world class teaching spaces
- New events spaces with greater capacity.
- New student and staff common rooms.
- New offices, meeting spaces and computer cluster rooms.
- A specialist study suite for graduate research students.
- Better connections between the buildings on all upper floors.