Enrolment and Induction
On this page you will find information about:
- UCL Student Pre-enrolment and Enrolment
- Paying Tuition Fees
- Faculty and Programme Induction
- International Student Orientation Programme (ISOP)
- Assistance for students with disabilities
- Late Arrivals
UCL Student Pre-enrolment and Enrolment
Around six weeks before the start of your LLM programme (once you have accepted and met the conditions of your offer) you will receive an email from UCL Student and Registry Services inviting you to pre-enrol as a student at UCL.
You will need to complete the online pre-enrolment procedure before you arrive, so please make sure that UCL has a valid personal email address to correspond with you. You can update your email address on Portico before 1st August. If your contact details change after this date, you can update your email address by contacting UCL Student and Registry Services by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have completed online pre-enrolment, Student and Registry services will provide you with information about how you should enrol as a student at UCL. If you are unable to make the time that you are allocated you must notify the Graduate Office within the Faculty as well as Student and Registry Services. The provisional date for LLM students to enrol is Sunday 24th September 2017.
You will find helpful advice about the procedures and documentation required to complete pre-enrolment and enrolment on the UCL New Students website and you are strongly recommended to thoroughly read this page before you arrive at UCL to ensure that you have all the relevant documentation with you to complete enrolment procedures.
Paying Tuition Fees
Information about paying tuition fees can be found on the UCL New Students website.
Faculty and Programme Induction
During the first week of term, from Monday 26th September to Friday 30th September 2016, you will be invited to attend events and talks to introduce you to the Faculty of Laws and the LLM programme.
The induction programme will include:
- An introduction and welcome to the Faculty of Laws by Professor Dame Hazel Genn, DBE, QC
- Guidance on planning your Independent Research Essay (IRE) – selecting a topic, researching and writing
- Presentations on non-accredited opportunities for postgraduate Laws students
- An overview of the facilities and services that you are entitled to as a student to support you through your studies, including library resources, careers advice, and opportunities available through the UCL student’ union, UCLU
- An optional introduction to English Common Law and Legal Methods for those students who have studied in a different jurisdiction
- Talks led by our world leading academics on Current Legal Topics
- The Dean’s Welcome Reception.
A detailed schedule of the induction programme will be provided in the LLM Induction Pack, which will confirm times, venues and speakers. The Induction Pack will be made available online during August and will be distributed in hard copy on enrolment day.
International Student Orientation Programme (ISOP)
The International Student Orientation Programme (ISOP) is run by UCL Student and Registry Services and offers a range of interactive seminars and events and gives you the opportunity to meet other new and current UCL students and ask questions.
Further information about the seminars and events and full details of how to register can be found on the UCL ISOP website.
Assistance for students with disabilities
UCL Student and Disability Services provides a rnge of support for disabled students in order to facilitate study as independently as possible during their time at UCL. Further information can be found on the UCL Student Disability Services website.
University College London Union (UCLU) has a Disabled Students’ Network which runs events and provides representation for students with disabilities. More information can be found on the UCLU website.
If you think that you will not be able to arrive at UCL by the start of term, you must contact the Laws Graduate Office as soon as possible to discuss your options.
+44 (0)20 3108 8400