Life at Laws
UCL Laws awards prizes and scholarships to graduate students who have achieved top marks in their examinations or who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
Each of our prizes are made possible through the generous support of a wide range of sponsors and benefactors, including legal firms and alumni who maintain strong links with UCL Laws and who recognise the excellence of our students.
In recent years, some of the prizes awarded to our students have included:
- Baker & McKenzie LLP Prize for Overall Best Performance in the Intellectual Property LLM: Awarded to LLM Students taking IP Law modules.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Prize for International Arbitration: Awarded to the two students attaining the highest individual marks ion the “International Arbitration” module.
- Cheng Cheng-Nan Prize For Public International Law: Awarded to the best graduate Public International Law student.
- International Corporate Rescue Award for Excellence: Awarded to the author of the best LLB or LLM dissertation in the area of Financial and/or Corporate Law as recommended by the UCL Centre for Commercial Law.
- Jevons Institute Prize for Top Competition Law Students: Awarded to LLM candidates who excel in the Competition Law and Economics module.
- Pump Court Tax Chambers Prize: Awarded to the student with the highest mark in International and Comparative Law of Trusts module.
- Rouse Prize for Excellence in International and Comparative Trade Marks, Designs and Unfair Competition: Awarded to LLM students taking the International and Comparative Trade Marks and Unfair Competition modules.
- Val Korah Prize for Excellence in Competition Law: Awarded to the best candidate specialising in Competition Law and chosen by the Val Korah Prize Committee.
See images from the UCL Laws Prizewinners Ceremony 2017: